Good Evening! We are so excited to see you all again next Wednesday night! We’ll be holding our FIRST 2015 100 Women Who Care event on Feb. 4 (Backup date for bad weather is 2/11) at the Inn at DePauw! Social time and Registration will begin at 5:00 and the meeting will start promptly at 6:00. We’ll hear from 3 non-profit 501c3 organizations and vote on which will receive the giving of potentially $10,000! After giving over $55,000 towards 4 non-profits and the 100 Women endowment, we’d love to do that again! Here are a few announcements:
- This year you have two options to fulfill your 100 WWC commitment of $500.
- You may register with your $100 towards the endowment any time before or night of the first event in February. Then, you’ll continue to pay each winning nonprofit $100 over the course of the year’s events. (Example: $100 + $100 x 4 non-profits =$500 total.
- You may pay your endowment registration and the $400 towards the nonprofits all at one time before or night of the first event in February. (Example: Pay $500 total to the Putnam County Community Foundation, then Elaine Peck will cut a check to the nonprofit for the check presentation after the 100 WWC event each quarter.
- Reminder: Our 2014 Recipients will become eligible to be nominated and voted to receive the charitable gifts on the following dates:
- Beyond Homeless, Inc. is eligible beginning February 4, 2015.
- Gobin Summer Enrichment Program is eligible beginning May 6, 2015.
- Putnam County Humane Society is eligible beginning August 5, 2015.
- Putnam County Emergency Food Pantry is eligible beginning November 4, 2015.
- Proxy Nominating and Proxy Votes
- Proxy Nominations are not allowed. Member must be present to nominate a nonprofit 501c3.
- Proxy Voting is allowed. If you are voting for another member, that’s great! The absent member must pay her $100 for the winning organization prior to the event. She may leave a blank/signed check or cash with Elaine Peck at PCCF or she may send her blank/signed check or cash with another member to the event. With this done, the member doing the proxy vote will need to make that known at the registration area. Proxy votes will be on a colored card, so that if there is a tie breaker the proxy votes are pulled out before the revote. You may only proxy vote 1 time per event.
- Tie Breakers! Based on the surveys the 100 WWC completed at the November 2014 event, the majority requested a revote in the case of a tie! The proxy vote cards will be pulled out and then the women present will revote between the tied organizations.
- May Location and Sponsor! We are going to take 100 Women Who Care to Area 30 for our May 6th event! Jackie Eitel and Susan Price will be co-sponsoring with the help of Mary Ann Birt and her students! We are excited to expose our group to other areas and people. Thank you Jackie and Susan for co-sponsoring this event. We look forward to what you have in store.
- Friend Reward! In May, the members that bring a friend to the 100 WWC event and her friend joins the group in giving back on May 6th will have her name put into the fish bowl for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Starbucks! The referring member is the name that will go into the fish bowl for the drawing of the gift card.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the steering committee women and they’ll be happy to help!